Thursday, June 03, 2010

Seeking solace in words

Just gotten my reading spirit revived this week, thanks to the discovery of another the same book for less bookshop near my workplace. As far as I can remember, I have been mesmerized by words that are beautifully strung together to form sentences, sentences forming paragraphs and paragraphs forming a story line.

I would just have myself immersed in the story and as much ad I hate to admit, a good read would keep me awake at night. I can't stand the fact that I need to sleep in order to rest as the next page that I'm missing seems to taunt me, coaxing me to open the next one and the next one and the next one.

I would envy people who could construct a beautiful sentence from normally used words, also for the life of me can't even quote any quotes that I have read. Nonetheless, it never detract me from reading. As for writing, I think I would just stick to reading peoples had wrote whilst imagining that someday I would be able to do the same.



No comments: