Sunday, September 03, 2006

The day I wet myself at the office

It happened to me in the office right in front of my colleagues. Imagine yourself just minding your own business when suddenly you become the center of attention, and everybody rushing towards you to see what the fuss is all about. Imagine the feeling of warm fluid flowing down the leg of your trousers, getting in your shoes and you can’t do a thing about it, just smiling sheepishly. Imagine the puzzled look on their faces on how the heck they’re going to help you in this situation. Imagine how do you want to explain to your boss that not only you managed to wet yourself but also managed to get carpeting wet. Imagine explaining it to the other half. Imagine that.

No, it was not about my diminishing bladder control or my incontinence. It was not about me not being able to make it to the toilet on time. It was not about how cold the office gets that you just couldn’t control the urge to let it go. It was not about hearing the sound of waterfall, urging you relieve yourself immediately.

It was the f**king water dispenser, whose hot water tap broke on me, spilling hot water onto me. If it wasn’t the fact at that I’m in the office, I might have beaten the h*ll out of it, probably returning the favour by relieving myself on it so that it could have a taste of its own medicine.

The said water dispenser with the broken hot water tap

No comments: