Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Spread too thin

Have you felt sometimes like you're spread too thin? I did for this past week. I've got a coming business trip abroad and loads of pending work at the office. Plus the mrs is not feeling in the pink of health at this point of time that I'm having second thoughts about the trip.

My workload has been more than doubled since my colleague resigned and no replacement was in sight till now. Imagine running a section of high profile equipment with load of issues, including failure and operational issues. And sometimes everything under the sun which no one wants to touch with a 10 foot barge pole.

Sometimes I wish I could bend the time-space continuum so that everything can stay still whilst I finishes all the work. Or better still, hire someone who could help. But as it turns out, I'm having Mohinder's power (as per previous post), which amounts to nothing, or work as the most low ranking officer in my department, not much can be done.

No comments: