Monday, January 12, 2009

God Bless The Plasticines

Sometimes I wonder, what goes on in the mind of a child. How did I react to the same situation when I was small, as I often felt that any instruction would go in one ear and out the other for the boy. Simple instruction would take a few pushes before it being implemented, up to the point of testing our patience.

The latest case in hand, we specifically instructed the boy to order his name tag from his class teacher along with giving him the money to do so. The money has been lying on the dresser for days before he actually took it to school today. 

When I got back from work today,I expected him to tell me about him ordering the name tags but what he told me in return astounded me. He told me that he didn't order the name tag but instead of telling me he spent the money on toys or stationeries, he just said that he put in in the 'Kanak-kanak Plasticine' fund.. Initially I was bursting in a fit of laughter bu then I realised, even a child knew what the Palestinians is suffering and willing to part with his money to help them. God bless.....

No comments: