Friday, March 13, 2009

A beginning of a new routine?

Yesterday I tried swimming at Pusat Akuatik Bukit Jalil. The last time I was there was during the 98 SUKOM where I waas involved as part of the utility crew stationed there and I don't know how to swim back then. Thinking back, I remembered watching in awe at the size and scale of the pool complex, with three pools in. Also the underwater viewing chamber for the TV crew to capture the diving shots. It was awesome.

Now that I can swim *meaning moving from end to end with great effort no to drown* the pool seem a lil bit smaller than I used to remember. At least there the have separators for serious swimmers whos doing laps and the general public who's learning to swim. At least you could do laps uniteruppted and depending on your own skills rather than knocking about into those cross pool swimmers, which is normally the sace where I normally swims. 

The water is quite cold due to the weather, tasted soapy and there was this ringing like crickets underwater, plus the entrance fees is RM4 which to me is exorbitant but on the whole it was OK. Just a point to note that the shower & changing facility could have been better. 

Who knows, maybe this could be the start of a new routine for me .. need more of low impact exercise as the right knee is still recuperating... at least I managed 8X100m laps yesterday...trying hard to push it to 10x100m laps soon.


No comments: