Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Touch of Healing Hands

I always believe that most of our medical condition needs the right treatment irregardless of whether it's modern medicine or traditional remedies. But one thing that I don't believe at all is leaving it to fate alone, without any effort to seek any option at all and the very thing I'm a bit sceptical is seeking out bomoh/shaman / quacks to cure you. Sometimes I wonder what does these so called medicine man / bomoh / shaman & what have you have over tried and tested ways. To me it seem like mumbo jumbo yet most people believe it, and you have read all about it in the papers, victims of these so called healers. Some of them more established ones even have ads in tabloids/magazines.

But what I experienced over the weekend kinda changed my perspective. I have been urged to seek a more traditional method to relieve the pain and to help me regain my mobility, which up to that point was a tad better than a slug. I mean I can either sit/lie or stand without twisting my body or not to put my whole weight on my right leg. Even laughing became painful. Under the pain killers I could manage to drive, but once it wears off the pain came back with a vengeance. I couldn't perform my prayers in the normal way as I can't bend my body without wincing. I was in such a state that I'm willing to try anything just to get better.

At the suggestion of the mrs. family, I went to see someone who might be able to help me in this matter. When I got there, there were others waiting to have a one-on-one session with him. Once he was available, he diagnosed my condition as over-exertion of the back :-0. I was preparing myself for an intense massaging to the affected area, only to find out that the whole session only lasted about 15 minutes but with tolerable pain (bukan tak ingat dunia punye sakit). To my surprise, I was able to turn my body, get up on my right leg alone, squat, do push ups etc right after the session.

The pain was still there but at least I have regain most of my mobility again. Looking back, I would expect for some pain relief with some improvement in my mobility but to my surprise I'm like 80% there and I can even laugh. He didn't put any price on his treatment, but I've given him some token of appreciation. He told me that this would be a quick-fix relief and asked me to come back for a more thorough session when I have the time as it would require more than 2 sessions . For me, the treatment that was given plus the relief that it brought was worth it. I felt that I've been touched by hands that do really heals.

ps. I'm considering on the more thorough session even though have been forewarned that it might be painful, worse than I had experience for the 'quick' session

pss. Men are interested in talks about improving your 'prowess' and would have a long chit-chat session about it.











No comments: