Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On the road again



My work schedule will take me on the road again. I don't mind travelling as it broadens my perspective as well as letting me experience new things but too much travelling could be stressful too. Just got back from a town down south, where its famous for its rail station cafe. Work went over lunch and the guys brought us to one of the town famous railway cafe's. The lunch crowd was there but the service was prompt. The piece de resistance was the toasted/steamed bun with generous fillings of butter and kaya, so much so that we had it for appetizer and dessert.. :-0


What's left of the so many plates of buns


Mee rebus - delicious

After work was done, my golfing partner & I headed towards the local golf course as we had some time to spare. It it a 9 hole walking course and known to the local as the "Commando Course", but we had the help of some local caddies to carry our bags and give us pointers too. Felt like a professional golfer (but it was not reflected on the scorecard). The course was tough with the first two holes got me. After some adjustment then I managed to salvage my score.

Owh, before I forget, my friend had the cheek to ask for a discount on the green fees only to be told that we have to be introduced by a member to enjoy the guest rates. He then asked whether any member would mind to introduce us so that we could get the discount and cited some names from the register book. The clerk actually said that she need some confirmation and proceed to call someone and to our surprise he agreed hence we got the discount! Thank Er*c O*g for the intro, he must be wondering who the hell that he's introducing eh...

Need to get some R&R now, have driven for a total of 380 miles/ 7 hours today, and need to get up early for another trip to the East Coast tomorrow (luckily by flight...)...another day away from the office and home, and the boy's birthday is tomorrow...sigh...



No comments: