Monday, February 16, 2009

The Big 10

What’s a 10? It’s a number that came after 9 and before 11. It’s the start of the double digits, famous numbers for footballer, maybe a number that I want my golfing handicap to be and the month I’m born in. But the number is extra special for me this year as it marks the 10th year anniversary of our marriage.

 10 years might be long to some, might be short to some but to me it had held some precious memories. It has its ups and downs, sweet and bitter, happy and sad and I wouldn’t trade it for anything else in the world.

 This year, I have planned something special for the mrs, some time away together, a theatre and dinner, a *special* gift that would help the mrs getting out and about if I’m not there. The only thing is that our wedding anniversary coincides with Valentine’s, hence dinner plans would be exorbitant.

 Happy 10th Anniversary My Dear ….

No comments: