Sunday, February 22, 2009

In recovery (and pain)

I had a session of kick about with my former schoolmates and their former uni mates in town last Friday. The thing is, I have injured myself by being tackled during the game right on the shin below the right knee. When it happened I can manage to  finish the game and start the next one for a few minutes until I resign in being the keeper.

Now I walk like House MD with a noticeable limp. Someone commented at my age I should not take up contact sports anymore but to be content with low impact such as golf full time. The thing is this is not something that I have the craving for, in case anyone needs to know I'm crap in sports especially the ones that involves skills such as dribbling past an opponent etc. I'm more into the running or swimming kinda of person, where you just need yourself to do it but once in a while its nice to join in the camaraderie. 

With the 'age factor' taken into account, I think it will be a slow recovery for me this time around. On the plus side,  it will give me  bragging  rights about being injured during a futsal match, instead of say ballroom dancing...hehe

No comments: