Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy 8th Anniversary Dear

Actually it is 8 + 6( prior to marriage ) anniversary.

As a special treat to mark the occasion, I brought the other half for a Japanese Dinner. Actually, we have been trying to get the anniversary cum Valentine's meal last Sunday but due to busy *shopping schedule* we missed the lunch slot. ~ refer to previous posting ~

For me, I was introduced to Japanese cuisine when I started working about 10 yrs ago. The mrs. was one step better as she had actually set food in Japan and had enjoyed the authentic meal at the land of the rising sun. My only claim to fame was that I was brave enough to try it in the first place...( but still wouldn't even remotely consider the puffer / blow fish)

I can still remember when she had the craving for california temaki, and could finish three in a sitting. To be honest, my choice would still be conservative to others but considered adventurous according to my palate.

All in all, it was quite an enjoyable dinner with a relaxed ambiance (rather than the over hyped and over priced valentine's dinner )


Pebbles decking the walls

Table setup - from the next table


some appetizer - didn't manage to get the name but tasted like seaweed ~ nash, any input?~



shisamo - grilled pregnant fish


shiki bento - what the mrs had. a mixture of tempura, miso soup, salad, grilled salmon and selection of sashimi ( raw fish - salmon, tuna and cod )

Unagi bento - grilled eel set with miso soup, rice and salad.

There was a free flow of hot green tea and to cap it off we had some mochi ice cream. If only I could have experienced the real deal and enjoy the meal in Japan itself. Siapalah nak belanja pergi Jepun ni, *wink* ( if any kind soul * you know who you are* in Japan reading this, YM je le )


No comments: