Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Surprise Visit

Today I had the pleasure of my *mentor* and friend came to visit today. He was my first immediate when I first started work and took me under his wing in terms of learning the ropes of working life in a corporate environment. A lot has happened since and we couldn't believe that it has been almost 10 years since I first reported duty. He has quit the company about 7 years ago and now runs his own business, which I think suits him better as he has a special way of creating rapport with people.

As usual, the meeting would be started off with updating of whats going on the personal front. I found out that he had just recovered from an acute cardiac arrest 2 days before X'mas. At 37!!!! The way he was relating the incident to me, make me feels that man, I could in the situation in 5 years time. (which means I have to watch my comfort food intake ) So now he has to keep tab on his diet, reduce his smoking and stress level. Which gonna mean more golf and leisure. Also the conversation was peppered with words of wisdom about his experience venturing out of the company and what I could expect to happen along the line.

To Sam, thanks for the words of comfort and insights. Cheers....




No comments: