Saturday, April 26, 2008

BA vs JC

I'm not sure how this set of addiction occurs. I think that my first exposure to donuts would be of the home made type and our local version of kuih keria. It means that I don't have any craving for it or would go out of the way to get some. But I did had a phase with Dunkin Donuts during my secondary school, where we would go on outing have have a filled a bag to the brim with their munchkins.

When I went for my studies in the UK, i was exposed to the strawberry filled jam donuts much favored there, plus one chocolate coated custard filled from Greggs, and oh, how could I forget, cheese & onion pasty and savoury roll. Then late last year I discovered JC, where you have to queue to buy up donuts. First impression was made, and the heaven berry have become a standard order on every visit. Then friends told me about BA and found out that it has similarities with JC.

Back to back comparison reveals that most has similar spread of choices. Taste wise BA has caught on to JC. Also BA has a lot more outlets, hence lesser queuing time and its a tad cheaper too. All in all this has been leaning on BA for me. And that is not the only thing, the scale have been leaning on the higher side for me now.... maybe some day they'd come out with a lite-donuts...

No comments: