Friday, April 04, 2008

Trampled by a giant

No, this is not about a human or being of great size, more like a faceless giant corporation. As per previous post, somewhere near my neighborhood, a new hypermarket was opened. Naturally, we would patron the hypermarket as it is near to us as the others were about 5-1o km away. But as we progress along, we found out there were some differences in the prices of similar item and range of product carried in between these hypermarkets.

I'm not the one who would blindly stick to a brand, as long as it provides a value for money for the quality offered. Also I'm not rigid in the sense of brand loyalty or premise of purchase but do keep an eye upon the so called deals offered.

Imagine to my dismay, one shopping trip ago that a necessary item bought at this particular hypermarket were offered at the same price but upon reaching home only did I realized that the quantity was reduced. I mean, come on, you project yourself as a pioneer in price reduction, but in this case it was the same price for less quantity. Not only this particular item, but on the whole where some things that we need are priced slightly higher. Also most of the item on offer were on the Purchase with Purchase scheme, meaning that you would have to spend a minimum amount in order to get the 'savings'

Better change your tagline to, same price, same brand but lesser quantity (20% less to be exact)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are those from kpdnhep officers? no campaign no enforcement...typical malaysian...

-nash-

ejai said...

I think this is more of the caveat emptor situation but what you said has a point. Apparently we have a lot of laws but nil enforcement, so how? I know where's my next shopping trip going to be though.